Cebex 100 is supplied as a powder admixture. The material is a combination of a plasticising agent and a gas producing expansion medium.
The plasticising agent allows the use of a reduced water/cement ratio with consequent increased strengths and durability. The expansive medium counteracts the natural settlement and plastic shrinkage of the grout and aids stability and cohesion.
Use this admixture for grouting projects and achieve a smooth, crack-free finish every single time. Professionals and savvy DIY enthusiasts use Cebex 100 for on-site batches of cement grouts that require extra toughness, fluidity, and most importantly, gap-filling expansion. Common grouting uses include bed grouting for its durability and duct grouting for positive expansion. Cebex 100 is also suitable for non-shrink infilling and jointing.
Cebex 100 results in a durable surface with a smooth finish free from cracks or faults and is perfect for professional projects that require high volumes of grouting.
Use and application
- 50kgs of OPC mixed with 20-22 litres of water and 227 gram of Cebex 100 will result in approximately 36 litres of grout.
- Easily clean grouting tools with water after use or Etch if cured.
- Grout should be applied to the area within 20 minutes of mixing for optimal expansion and gap-filling
- The shelf life of roughly 18 months allows for use on multiple projects (high humidity and temperature might negatively impact the expiry date).
- Cebex 100 is best used with a cement-based grout. We suggest grouts manufactured by Fosroc for maximum quality and the best effect.
- Quantities under 50kg can be mixed with a slow speed drill fitted with a mixing paddle. For higher quantities, a high shear vane mixer is required.
- Using a mechanically powered grout mixer, an even consistency can be achieved in as little as 5 minutes.
- Typical time for expansion is between 15 minutes and 2 hours depending on volume.
Cebex is easy and safe to use for a variety of building projects and is well suited to professional tasks that require expanding grouting.